4.29.2009

Looking up?

Thankfuls.... thankfully things seem to be looking up. Not hard to do lately, but I will take it!

1. My Quilt. My mom made me a beautiful quilt while she was here. It is amazing what she can do in such a short amount of time. I know have a mom hug readily available at all times. Look who's getting the most use of it....

2. Surgery. My surgeon was awfully sweet and apologetic for breaking her shoulder. She would like me to have the surgery as soon as possible and has called in reinforcement in the form of a doctor who helped with my last surgery at Children's. So I may be having surgery in the next few weeks and while I find it hard to be thankful for a 9 inch incision and 3 months of recovery, I'm thankful that I will feel better and be healthier when all is said and done.

3. Research studies. I have always said that if I had the opportunity to participate in a research study for any of my diseases I would. So here I am and the Benaroya Research Institute has a great study for recently diagnosed Type 1 Diabetics. It's exciting that I might be part of a cure. I am going in for initial testing soon and will know in the next month if I qualify for the study. Check out the great things they are doing. They are one of the top research facilities in the country dealing with Type 1. I spoke with Dr. Greenbaum (the head of the institute) today and she was very encouraging and informative. I'm thankful for people who devote their lives to searching for cures.
4. A new coffee place and live music. Thanks to Lauren, who held the key to my cranky cage, I was able to experience a local coffee/bookstore called Soul Food. The music was really great and we laughed a lot. Plus, there was coffee involved - always something to be thankful for.
5. Amy is coming to visit! My dear friend Lames is coming over tomorrow to hang out. I'm excited to show her my house and Redmond. Plus, there is probably a trip to Chipotle in the cards.


Have a great night/morning. Dang it, I'm up late again.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment