4.04.2009

It's really April 3rd.

It just so happens I stayed up until a time that 24 year olds should stay up until so it looks like I am writing this on April 4th - which I guess, technically I am. Anyways, enough with the particulars. It's time for some thankfuling.

1. Lauren. She has always listened to me whine, even when she has bigger things going on and shouldn't have to. She let's me complain until I am blue in the face and lets me tell the same story 5 times without questioning my sanity. So today, and all days, I am thankful for her and her friendship.

2. Lattes. I was careful with my carbs and treated myself to a short non-fat latte. It was awesome and may be the reason I was able to stay up until after midnight.

3. Looking forward. Having celebrations and fun things to look forward to is really keeping my spirits lifted these days. So many birthdays and events take place in May and I am excited for them all (especially the arrival of my first nephew)!

4. Laundry. I finally, finally finished washing, drying, and putting away all of my laundry. This has been a saga that has taken weeks to end because of my exhaustion. Ryan has put up with climbing Mt. Meg's Laundry every time he enters our closet for the past few weeks as I scrounged to put together outfits every day. With my new found energy, I re-washed and re-dried everything on the floor and put it all away in a matter of hours. Ahhhhh. PS- Our closet has a floor and I have more than 1 pair of pants!

5. Luxuries. Being able to get coffee, drive around, play games, stay out late ... these are all luxuries that millions of others don't have. For these things, I am thankful.

I would like it to be known that I did not set out to find 5 things that I was thankful for that started with "L." It just happened. I can now see why pastors do silly things like this, it's kind of fun to find a way to make everything similar. It adds cohesiveness. Or maybe it's just too late and I am getting slap-happy.

Well, good night.

xo, Meg

1 comment:

  1. I understand your being thankful for being able to stay up at night, since being sick with strep throat all I want to do is sleep, can't wait until I can do more than one thing each day.
    How comforting to hold a drooling baby they laugh just to hear themselves laugh, or see you laugh. What a great reminder of the ease and healing properties of laughter.
    Since your Mt. Laundry is done you are welcome to come home and help mom out with hers!
    I too am thankful for lattes and that they can make them decaf. although I need the caffine, my body can not but for the taste of a latte on a cool spring day.
    momma B

    ReplyDelete