4.20.2009

x = 3 Times the Original

We have stayed up waaaaay too late the past few nights because my mom is in town and we are trying to shove a year's worth of activity into 10 days. So the blog fell to the wayside. But my dad has informed me that just because my mom is here doesn't excuse me from writing here. To make up for it, here are 15 thankfuls just for your enjoyment.

1. My mom made it safely, but quite tired.
2. The sunshine. It has been so nice here. I think Washington is trying to make up with me after our rough patch this winter.
3. There is nothing like a Mariners game on a nice Spring night. Even if it means listening to Ryan scream and yell.
4. The sweet smell of victory. Check out Erin's blog to see her admit defeat! I won the hat trick game at the Mariner's game and we bet on it - she lost and was forced to admit her loss on her blog. Ahhh ... smell that? Victory.
5. Bananagrams. This game is all the awesomeness of Scrabble without the crappy parts of waiting until your next turn. You should check it out.
6. My herbs are sprouting! All of my herbs are growing except the chives. This involves a lot of me moving the pot to sunny spots on our back porch throughout the day. Pictures to come.
7. Hiking. Sunday was hike day with Lauren, Phil, Emi, Ryan, and my mom. We went to Tiger Lake and walked/ran/galloped the Around the Lake Trail and saw two eagles. An altogether gorgeous day.
8. Long walks on sunny days have to top my favorites list. Today included a walk along the Sammamish River in the sun with friends, babies, and puppies. One of the happiest places, ever.
9. Halibut. Today I cooked halibut for the halibut (hehe). It was quite der-licious with a lime and garlic sauce.
10. Finishing 35 Zimbags with the expert sewing skills of my mother.
11. "Growing Up Again" by Mary Tyler Moore. What perfect timing for her to publish her story of living with Type 1 Diabetes. It's a funny read at times and eye-opening to how permanent this all is (which I'm not quite sure I'm thankful for). There were too many exclamation points, but overall a good book.
12. New ideas and fun things to do on grey days.
13. Oh yeah, John Legend and India Arie are performing at Chateau Ste. Michelle and I am so going. Tickets go on sale on the 25th and you better believe I will be the first to buy them.
14. My nephew growing strong and big (in utero that is). I'm anxiously awaiting his arrival. Love you Andrew George!
15. Mini Babybel Cheeses. Yum.

Goodnight, a little earlier than usual.

xo, Meg

2 comments:

  1. Meggie,

    I'm so glad you and Mom are having fun. You both need it. No more excuses on not blogging. I hope Mom doesn't keep you up to late she is a real night owl.

    I'm very proud of you.

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to grow chives. In fact, they were the only fresh herbs she had. I remember how good they tasted in the scrambled eggs she made for us.

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete