4.01.2009

Rocky Road

No not the ice cream, you know I can't eat that. It's been a rough start to this experiment of mine. My day started with my surgery being cancelled, being sent out into morning rush hour, and snowy weather ... I'm finding it hard to be thankful today. I guess that's why I need to force myself to find my 5 thankfuls.



1. Surprises from Friends. Skirst brought me a bag from Whole Foods, full of healthy low-carb snackies (researched on her own!) and a beautiful card and pink tulips that now sit on our coffee table. My favorite of the snacks you ask? The WASA Crispbread with the cute little triangle Laughing Cow cheese spread. Oh, and the peanut butter Skirst pressed through a machine herself.

2. Mom Time! When my mom comes I will actually get to spend time with her and do fun things instead of her having to rub my forehead constantly while I whine about how bad my belly hurts. 10 whole days of fun with my momma.

3. Doing the Dishes. I never thought I would be thankful to do the dishes, but for the last month or two I have had to take a nap after such a simple task for fear I might die of exhaustion. While I know I will tire of this chore quickly I am just happy I can stand in the kitchen for 15 minutes without collapsing onto the floor for an impromptu nap.

4. My Puppies. Telfair and Apollonia in all their fluffy, whiteness do not understand why I'm crying or why I nap so much, but they go along with it. They curl up, one behind my knees and one against my belly, and cuddle there until I wake up. That's what I love about dogs, they don't ask questions or judge.

5. Class. My appropriately scheduled Nutrition class began today and gives me something to look forward to doing for the next few months. Hopefully it will teach me and distract me from my frustrations. I was really excited about this class before and now I am ready to learn all I can.

***A side note to those of you in the area, if my doctors give me the ok - Ryan and I will be participating in the Beat the Bridge Run/Walk on May 17th. The money raised goes to research to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. If you are interested in joining us, let me know and we can coordinate a group. Here's the website for more info: http://www.beatthebridge.org/ .

xo, Meg

4 comments:

  1. The surgery was cancelled? What? I have oh-so-many questions. Anyway, I have a surgery present for you, I guess now it will be a no surgery present :) Hmmm. What about the feastival? (See, full of questions.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to post a comment again today, lets see if mom can do this computer thing!
    You are right dogs are great they love you no matter what.
    I am thankful that I get to go to Seattle, just order some sunshine for the visit, it makes for better pictures.
    It is amazing the things we have to go through to start appreciating the little things in life. (Hmmm! maybe the little things in life are best!)
    I too am thankful for school it helps you to focus on concrete things, since life is anything but predictible.
    momma B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You just left my house like 2 minutes ago and are probably still in our parking lot...but I was too too curious about your thankfuls!
    I would love to add a few? Now you can celebrate Easter with all the food and fanfare (minus peeps)! You can hold Greta alls you want, and you will be well for the starts of the birthday season.
    There is so much to look forward too. Life with you is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....and yes I will exercise for you.
    Count the Walters in!

    ReplyDelete