4.15.2009

The One Where You Have to Fill in the Blanks.

(Insert introduction to my thankfuls.)

1. Checking boxes. If you know me, you know I love lists. All kinds. I make a list for everything possible. Nothing gives me more joy than checking things off my lists. And yes, I usually draw boxes next to each item so I can put a check or an x in them. This weeks list is two pages long and is getting checked off quickly. I am thankful for my list and the checks I get to fill in.

2. New Cookbooks. Thanks to my mom and dad I know have 2 cookbooks. One is the Betty Crocker Cookbook for Diabetics (that's me) and the other ... oh, the other ... is a book full of desserts for diabetics with listings of their carbs and calories. Oh sweet, sweet cookbook. The best part is that almost all of the recipes are natural. (I am trying very hard not to ingest "fake" sugars and replacements that are not natural ... I don't need cancer on top of all of this.) Thanks parents!

3. Reflecting Clouds. I went on a walk with Lauren, Emi, Kirsten, and Greta today and we walked alongside the Sammamish River. The sun was out and the clouds reflected on the river. Washington is probably the most beautiful place on earth. (Listen here Washington, I reserve the right to take back that statement if a. we get more snow this year and/or b. we have another ridiculous winter next year. No, I'm serious. Don't argue with me.)

4. Under 200. All day my blood sugars have been well below 200. Dare I say, almost normal? We will see what tomorrow holds.

5. Quinoa. If you haven't tried this perfect little grain, you must. It is a great source of fiber, calcium, protein, and iron. Plus, it's easy to make. It starts tiny and quadruples in size - also, lower in carbs than most grains. I didn't season it well, but next time I will rock it. Seriously, try it.



(Insert witty signout.)

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment