5.07.2009

Tired...

Man, I'm wiped tonight. No reason in particular, just tired as a dog (and our dogs sleep about 16 hours a day).

So many reasons to be thankful today, I will try to narrow them down:

1. Kirsten's Birthday! Today was the 25th birthday of my dear friend Kirst. It was fun to help get things ready for her party tomorrow night and hang out with Diana who was flown up on Kent's private jet for Kirsten's bday. (Pictures to come of the awesome classic movie star costume party - I will Doris Day from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"). I'm thankful Kirsten was born and that we get to celebrate with her.

2. I didn't have to fast. If you know me right now, you know I eat every 2 hours and get mighty cranky without food - so facing an evening, night, and morning of fasting did not sound pleasing to me. But they decided to push that part of the testing off for a few weeks, so.... yay!

3. A husband who is cute and nice and all over lovely! I will never stop being thankful for him.

4. Dreams. I have been having frequent, strange dreams lately. This means I am sleeping, which is awesome! Before I took up having diabetes I had troubles sleeping for very long, no longer my friends. I am thankful for the ease with which I fall asleep, dreams that I have, and pleasant feeling of restfulness I have in the morning. I hope this lasts.

5. An empty schedule next week. Save one doctor's appointment, final design meeting for our house and our anniversary (all on the same day) my week is wide open. I thankful I will have next week to catch up, rest, and do a million loads of laundry.

Thanks for all encouraging comments and emails. I love you all.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment