5.13.2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!


**An anniversary gift from Kirsten and Kent. Made by the wonderful Skirst.

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of our wedding day, a great day, but not the best of my life. Each day has been better since then. There are so many things to be thankful about when I live every day with my best friend. Here are 5 things that stand out to me today:

1. Ryan helps me to do things I would never normally do. Like, say, talk to people. Or stand up for myself against those who think I'm invisible. Or feel good about myself. He has only changed me for the better. He's left all the core elements the same, but helped me smooth out some rough edges.

2. I have a great partner (in crime, often times). I don't really care for the word husband because it reminds me more of farming (you know, husbandry) than what he actually is, a partner. I could not ask for a better friend who treats me as an equal and respects me.

3. I was fortunate enough to know Ryan for a long time before we started dating/got hitched. It takes a lot for me to be comfortable with people and trust them, Ryan gave me the time. I'm a lucky girl, a lot of guys would have given up when I called them during a nap to take me to McDonalds or been frustrated by my incessant car singing and dancing, but not Ry.

4. Someone understands my sense of humor! I would consider myself fairly sarcastic, overly cheesy, and given to the occasional pun... most are probably annoyed by it, but Ryan laughs (almost always). I'm lucky.

5. Rollin' with my homies (and the punches). Ryan has taken everything in stride. It seems I have been a bad luck magnet for the last few years, but Ryan stands by me like Ben Franklin by his kite. There is this new thing in my life called Type 1 Diabetes, it's the reason I started this blog. It's also the reason that I break down in sobs, laugh hysterically or act strange when my blood sugars dip or soar ... and Ryan's right there reminding me to check my blood glucose and eat something.

I know we will continue rolling with the punches and laughing at the absurd and loving each other for years to come.

This picture was taken long before we started dating. Who would have guessed?

xo, Meg

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! Yay! I love that picture! It looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan your tougher then i thought, to put up with her so long;) congrats guys, andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy,

    Yes, my mental toughness does outweigh my physical toughness. Just ask your dad about how I dig a trench with shovel. Anyway, it has been a pleasure to spend these past 3 years with Meghan and I'm sure that you had something to do with the way that she turned out. Now if only I knew if you influenced her for good or for bad...hmm.

    Take care and congratulations on your son. Hopefully after Meg's surgery we'll be able to come out and visit your family of 3!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete