5.24.2009

Hello

Hi there. Want to know what I am thankful for today? Well, it's your lucky day - here are 5 thankfuls:

1. Sleeping in. Today we were able to sleep in and it was just great.
2. A day in the sun. I am thankful that today was another sunny day and I stood in the sun for most of the day.
3. IKEA. Ryan and I walked through IKEA today, speculating on what we will want when we move into our home. It was great fun.
4. A fresh bag of Skittles, waiting to save me from my low blood sugars (along with juice boxes for when I can't chew and glucose tablets for when I feel guilty about the calories in the Skittles.)
5. A future to look forward to. I am getting excited to get a move on with my goals and dreams when I finish recovering from the upcoming surgery. While I have been steadily working towards them, I can pick up the speed with a healthy body and mind free of worry and stress (at least the surgery related kind).


I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

"Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but the heart to conquer it."
-Rabindranath Tagore
xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment