5.10.2009

The Mother's Day Edition


Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! I admire the hard work you do.


I am one of the lucky ones who happen to think that my parents are the bees knees and today is a day to acknowledge the greatness of the female half of the duo. Today's thankfuls are brought to you by my mom. Here are 5 wonderful things I am thankful for about my mom.


1. My first memory ever is of my mom. Although it also involves a needle being put into my belly, I remember my mom singing with me and holding my hand and petting my forehead. We screamed the ABCs and "Jesus Loves Me" together as the doctor put a million inch needle into my tummy. Thanks mom for always being there, even in my not-so-great memories.


2. My hair has also been the bane of my existence and my mom has always been a warrior on my side in the war against the beast. She worried when my hair started to develop a frizz spot in the back and took me to the salon to find out what was wrong with me. The diagnosis: curly hair brought on by puberty (and my dads genes). Thanks to my mom I have the courage to get up every morning and tame the mass on my head.


3. It may sound sad, but it isn't, most of my memories revolve around hospitals and such. My mom always made sure to be there when I went in and woke up. She also slept in uncomfortable chairs and held my hair when I puked. Even though she would trick me into doctor's appointments (don't worry, I forgive you mom) I remember only the sweet things she did. Like bring me my favorite foods or treat me to pizza after ever tricky doctor's appointment. Thanks mom for loving me enough to scrunch in chairs and watch me puke and trick me into medical procedures. It has probably helped my blood pressure in the long run.


4. My mom let my brothers rough house with me. She stepped in only when necessary, but let me be "tough" on my own. Although I was scared of my younger brothers, I was able to develop my signature "lay on your back and kick with all your might" move. It has made me a tougher person who wouldn't have a problem throwing a punch if it came right down to it. It's a philosophy that probably developed from growing up with 2 brothers of her own. Thanks mom for helping me be a little tougher.


5. I know that my mom loves me unconditionally and is proud of even my smallest achievements. That is the best feeling in the world. Thanks mom. I love you so big.



On a side note, on my run tonight (that's right, a run!) I realized that every piece of clothing that I own and like, was picked out and purchased by Ryan. I don't think I will ever go shopping again, I am going to let Ryan to all my shopping.


Night.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment