5.03.2009

The one that ... uh, something smart sounding.

Hello there! I have not been very good about the daily updates I had originally aimed for. I hope to be better about this.

Yesterday was a great day because it was Ryan's birthday! We spent the afternoon eating with his family and the evening watching the Mariners. These are the 5 things I am most thankful for in the last 2 days:

1. A bike ride to coffee with a friend. Lauren and I took advantage of the sunny day and biked to SoulFood where we indulged in staring off into space and drinking coffee. Thanks to Lauren's willingness to go slow for me I was able to make it the almost 4 miles to the coffee, but thanks to my blood sugar dips I was unable to bike home ... the one way trip was well worth it though.

2. My invisibility cloak. It may sound strange, but if you have ever been with me in public you know I am invisible. People constantly run into me, cut in front of me, and look right past me. Sometimes it bothers me, but at the Mariners game it worked in my favor. Our original seats happened to be right in the part of the "covered" stadium that still gets rained on, so we snuck down to some better seats. Others were being kicked out left and right for sitting there without tickets and we were sitting right next to the security guy, but we were kept safe for the rest of the game by my invisibility cloak.

3. The color grey. Today I wore only grey and blue and it made me happy.

4. The ability to go out with friends, have fun, and do frivolous things. I hope I will never take these things for granted.

5. My camera. I love the ability to capture moments that I may otherwise forget.

I hope you have a great start to your week. Look for a diabetes crap thankfulness blog tomorrow featuring the many tools I get to use.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment