5.28.2009

Long, but good days.

Today was a long day for Ryan and me, separately we both had long, productive days. Fortunately, we are not cranky, something that usually accompanies such days.

I found many things to be thankful for today, but here are the 5 I remember most clearly:
1. Pear & Apple Cobbler. Off the cuff and oh so yummy.

2. New flowers about our house. Many rooms now have punches of red/orange lilies.

3. Having the windows open and getting a great cross-breeze! (Not to mention, it was 80+ degrees! Weeee!)

4. A good, productive day that helped me feel more prepared for surgery.

5. I have the GAD protein marker! To some this may seem trivial, but to me it is important. This little marker on my cells means I can take part in a research study about Type 1 Diabetes that may help me and will hopefully help others catch (or at least extend the "honeymoon phase") this disease early.


**Please excuse the photos, our camera batteries died so these are from my phone.


xo, Meg

Peace.

PS- Surgery update: My surgery is still scheduled for the 8th of June, but I will be admitted on June 7th because I have to be on a 3 day clear liquid diet and it's all complicated by the diabetes stuff. Then I will be gone for a few weeks, Ry might update this for me though. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment