5.26.2009

Blerg.

Today I worked so hard that I didn't remove my exercise clothes from this morning and shower until 6 pm. I actually didn't even know what time it was until my stomach started growling so loud it scared me. So, while productive, today was a very boring day.

Here are my thankfuls:

1. Strong black tea.
2. Great literature and a great way to recycle (check out swaptree.com).
3. Birthday presents. I am trying to make more presents an recycle/reuse/upcycle things to make thoughtful gifts and today I finished 3 people's gifts.
4. I found the coolest glasses (the kind you drink from, not look through) ever for when we move. I'm not going to tell you where I found them or what they look like, I don't want you stealing them.
5. I'm one day closer to being free of these awful bladder spasms that sometimes make me crawl under my desk and rock back and forth. (13 days until my surgery. A fact I just realized today, maybe the reason I was in hyper drive all day. Also, 13 is my favorite number.)

(Stepping onto soap box.)

Ahem, here is an interesting read I came across this evening:
http://sixuntilme.com/blog2/2009/05/sotomayor_and_diabetes_get_all.html.

The writer discusses the sad things being said about judge Sotomayor nominated by President Obama. Think what you will about her qualifications or views, but don't you dare say that her diabetes should be a reason she can't serve. It's sad to think that people should put limitations on someone because of their malfunctioning pancreas. I refuse to allow this disease to hold me back and admire judge Sotomayor for getting this far (she's had Type 1 since she was 8). If she is chosen it would be a great example for the children living with this disease of what they can do.

(Stepping down from soap box. Walking away.)

Quote of the day (this may become a new thing, we'll see):

"Never underestimate the ability of a small group of committed individuals to change the world."
-Margaret Mead, 1901-1978, Anthropologist

xo, Meg

PS- You can now view my photo albums here.

No comments:

Post a Comment