6.12.2009

Update

I am sitting here in this flexible bed with warm blankets all around me and 5 different IV bags dripping into me and tubes coming out of every where. These drugs are great and I am trying to stay awake a little bit longer today, so I thought I'd give you all an update.

Well, it has officially been over a week since food has touched my mouth and 4.5 days since any thing but clear liquids have been ingested. But today I got to start back on water! It tastes like paradise and that's not hyperbole. The pain is gradually getting worse as the days go and the anesthesia wears off, but that's why I control my own pain meds. I have been up walking 3 times a day and it is not because it feels good to walk. In fact, it's the exact opposite. It hurts like the dickens, but I know it will help me heal faster.

How about some thankfuls?

1. So many visits and call and cards and flowers and drawings. Each one of these adds a little life to this drab room and little pep in my step (more figuratively that literally.) I don't think I can thank all of you enough.

2. A husband who preemptively takes care of me and tells me jokes when I'm sad. Here's one for you: As we were walking down the hall (my first time without a walker) Ryan named my walk the March of the Menguins. Just because I waddle....

3. Every day I make it through is one day closer to full recovery.

4. A positive, attentive medical staff. I am very lucky to have some of the nicest nurses, caring doctors, and peppy hospital staff members. One push of the button and they are there to help.

5.Talking to my little brother Josh on the computer today, he's so sweet and I miss him a lot.

Ok, I'll try to check in again soon.

Thanks for the love and prayers.
xo, Meg

2 comments:

  1. Loving your posts. Is is silly that I miss you when I just saw you tonight? And yesterday? Merbye it's because I know you are across the bridge and not across town like you should be.
    I hope your March of the Menguins has you migrating back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I tried to IM you on Facebook, but then you disappeared. We'll all be glad when you start to feel more normal again (and can eat), but in the meantime, we are with you in spirit if not in person.

    Sending hugs your way,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete