6.02.2009

Things I Learned Today....

Today's thankfuls will be based on what I have learned today.
I am thankful that I learned....

1. Boost is disgusting. In case I ever thought protein drinks were the way to go, it turns out they are nothing like milkshakes, they feel like sand in your throat, and "chocolate" is more like "crapolate."
2. My body still makes a good amount of insulin. The staff at BRI informed me that I am probably controlling my blood glucose a little too tightly and am on track to having an A1C lower than most non-diabetics. This means more carbs and less insulin for me. Sounds like a plan! But no worries, I will still be in a great range, have less lows, and take less insulin.

3. Sometimes I just have to let go of my perfectionist tendencies in favor of fun and relaxation. I would like my hair to start growing back and it can't if I continue to stress. So for the next 5 days I will work on being relaxed, and in 5 days the doctor's will be giving me some great meds that will allow me to chill.

4. I wasn't meant to live somewhere super warm, I start melting quickly at around 90 degrees. But I will not complain about this weather, I just couldn't do this every day for months on end. I love myself a grey day and warm cup of coffee.

5. I have really great friends and they make my days so much better.


.... and knowing is half the battle ....

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment