6.06.2009

49 hours down, who knows how many to go....

So (needless to say) I don't do so well without foods in my belly. I have gone 49 hours without food, plus some really unfortunate cleansing experiences and I have 29 (or so) more hours to go before surgery. I'm a wreck, to put it nicely. I cry at the drop of a hat, can't walk properly, and just want to sleep.

This will be my last checking in for a while as I will be laid up and drugged up for the next bit.

If you need to get a hold of me you can call or email Ryan. He will be making updates on Facebook and through email if you want to see how I am. Perhaps he will update this blog to. It probably depends on how demanding I am this next week.

Well, I am not feeling particularly thankful because of a combo of things, but I am trying my hardest to stay positive and be thankful.

Here are 5 things I am thankful for today:

1. That I have never had to go without food because I didn't have any. Millions of people feel like this everyday and watch their children cry in hunger - I'm thankful that I have always had food, even if I can't always eat it.

2. My puppies and their cuddly ways and their fluffy faces. I sure am going to miss them while I'm in the hospital.

3. Friends that made my last day of eating a good one. Thanks Amy, Kirsten, Kendra, Alyssa, and Andrew.

4. The skilled surgeons who will be taking care of me on Monday.

5. That for the next week I don't have to give myself insulin shots as they will be given through my IV. I know it sounds dumb in the face of the pain that is coming my way, but having that responsibility out of my hands for a while sounds like vacation to me. (A pre-thank you to the nurses who will be taking care of me and my pancreas and the rest of my body.)

Ok, I'm going to go dream of food.

Night.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment