6.24.2009

Falling off the wagon and maybe the reason for my bruises.

They say it takes 2 weeks to build a habit and apparently it takes one day of not writing on here to break the habit I had made. Here I am, back and ready to share my thankfuls with you.

First, a quick update. I have had up and down days (actually it goes more minute-by-minute) since I've been home and the pain comes and goes, but I am trying to focus on healing and health. Friday morning will bring with it a doctor's appointment, cystogram, and possibly tube removal! There are a few more months of recovery in front of me, but in the meantime I am trying to have a good attitude about sitting and being slow.

Ok, thankfuls....

1. Meals. Kirsten and Kent's small group have been so gracious in providing Ryan and I with dinners every night since I have been home. I have never had this kind of catering before, but it really rocks my face off. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about what we are going to eat or how long the dishes might sit in the sink before they get done. Really, it has been the kindest gift I have received.

2. Lauren took me out! A dangerous and slow feat these days, but to Target and Whole Foods we went - accomplished much. Also, side effect of the pain killers: I had promised Emi a special treat, she chose hair clips and then I placed them in Lauren's stuff on the checkout line .... and made her buy the special treat I had promised. Whoops.

3. A new picture for our new (yet to be built) house. I think it looks like me and my partner-in-crime and hope it will bring smiles at our new abode.

Isn't it great!?

4. My mom is coming! Weeee. She is coming in Friday at midnight and turns into a pumpkin on the 1st when she goes home. (Is it funny that I wrote pimpkin first?)

5. I'm in love with good deals and am super thankful for the $3.74 sweatpants I found at Target. Now I don't have to hold up Ryan's sweatpants as I try to walk around in pants too big for me.

I'm trying to rebuild this habit and hope to get my camera up and running again to share snapshots of our life with you.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment