7.24.2009

Birthday Thankfuls

Hi there! It's been over a week since my birthday, but I thought I'd share my birthday thankfuls with you...

1. I got to see Jessie (famously, JessAnn Smith of NYC) in the morning/afternoon. We grabbed picnic food from Whole Foods, chatted, picnicked at the Arboretum (my favorite place these days), found a neat tree, relived our youth by rolling around on the ground and getting bark in our skivies, walked around, and sadly said goodbye as she was heading back to NYC. It was terrific start to my birthday. (Pictures below.)

2. Ryan got me a card that has a drawing of a "Urology Department" reception desk and the caption is "Urology Department, can you please hold?" I almost died of laughter, what an appropriate card this year. But we agreed that in my case it's more like "Can you please stop holding?" I love having a darkly humorous husband.

3. Lauren, Emi, Kirsten, Kent, Greta, Ryan, and I gathered in Marymoor park in a big open field, laid out some blankets, flowers, sandwiched, snacks, wiffle (aka wiggle) balls, a bat, and a big purple ball. Fun was had by all! (Pictures below.)

4. Gifts! Lauren made me the sweetest/funniest Diabetes Repair Kits for when I go low... they include 15 skittles (the perfect amount) and each one has a different funny thing (quote/picture/etc.) She also got me 2 pairs of awesome yoga/running shorts that take my scar and diabetes into account. Kirsten got me a very cool print that says "Let them eat (picture of cake)" I'm excited to hang it in my new house soon. My cousin Maria sent me pictures of her and her husband and daughters along with my Aunt Lois and Uncle Phil and of course Andrew, Jessica and Baby George - I think this was my favorite present of all. (Pictures below.)

5. Ryan took me to Whole Foods and surprised me by letting me get one of every small dessert they had. If you know me, you know I love desserts, I love small things, and I love Whole Foods - it was awesome. For the first time in my life I got to say, "I'll have one of everything, please." (Pictures below).

Thanks to everyone who made it special for me. And thanks mom and dad for raising me (without you, there would be no birthday)!




















































Hope you enjoyed those photos! Stay tuned for a house update from the very famous Ryan.
xo, Meg
PS- If you think about it and can throw up a few prayers or thoughts for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have been having some sort of allergic reaction since I was in the hospital that they haven't been able to link to anything and that drives me mad (itchy palms and soles). As I write I am sitting here with my feet in a tub of water and Benadryl coursing through my veins. Itchy palms and soles of your feet are something I wouldn't wish on anyone (well, maybe Robert Mugabe, but that's a different story.) I may be seeing an allergist, but hope this ends before it comes to that - my birthday goal was no hospitalizations or diagnoses this year, and I'd like to make that happen if possible.
PPS- I will be spending the weekend with 3 of my sisters (in-law) and am VERY thankful for that!!

1 comment:

  1. DESSERTS!!!!! I think you come by that honestly, both your parents are also fans and think you picture looks yummy!
    It looks like such a fun birthday! How lucky you are to have friends that enjoy life as much as you do!
    Rolling in the grass I have got to try that again, what a stress reliever.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete