8.17.2009

Using this Bashed Up Body

I love to be outside and I love to exercise (see: using this body I have).

These thankfuls are related to those things:

1. Rock climbing. Yesterday I was brave enough to go try rock climbing for the first time since college. I used to love to rock climb and/or repel, but fell out of the habit after college. But I put on my courage and went .... and had an awesome time bouldering and jumping from high places onto bouncy mats. My arms are revolting today, but it was great fun.

2. Swimming at 1 am. August is meteor month, so a friend had a bon fire and then we went to the nearby lake she has a key to (it's a private lake) and swam out to a floating dock to watch for shooting stars. I saw a few, but swimming in the lake was refreshing, even at 1 in the morning.

3. Walking. Ryan and I walk a lot. I mean a lot. Hours at a time. So imagine my delight when we went to explore our soon-to-be new neighborhood and found 3 trails within 2 minutes of walking from our house. One is a rough path along the river that we walked for over an hour and saw no sight of an end, one is an up-hill wonder that could be biked as well, and the other is the Interurban Trail which I will use to bike to the train station (but it also goes all the way to Seattle and stops in every city along the way, I think that's where they got the name of the trail). It made me sure we chose the right place. Everything we need is within 2 miles, it's surrounded by farm land, close to public transit (to Seattle where I hope to get a job), about 50 yards from a river, close to a million and 1 parks, and has great views of Mt. Rainier.

4. Biking. I have been biking at least every other day, but most days to get where I need to go. I love using my own energy as transportation, it's very satisfying indeed. I am even getting brave enough to take left turns in the car turn lanes. Thank goodness for bike lanes and trails though.

5. Have I ever mentioned how thankful I am that Washington is beautiful and how blessed I feel to live here? Well, consider it mentioned.

Watch for a post from Ryan with pictures of our ever-developing house (I think it is about to hit puberty aka getting windows and such). Another post may also include our plans for a secret passageway and room. Things are exciting around here.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment