8.13.2009

Happy Grey Days!

I love, love, love grey days. I am most productive and kind on these days. I smile more. I know, strange- but it's me.
So aside from my thankfulness for the past few grey days, here are some more thankfuls for your reading pleasure:
1. Blackberry days of summer. (No, not my phone, the real thing!) The blackberries are ripening faster than they can be picked. This equals evenings of blackberry picking and yummy treats. So far we have had cereal with blackberries, blackberry (and blueberry) crumble, and blackberry pancakes. Yum.

2. Twin Falls. This is my new favorite hike. It is perfect for my current fitness level (see: low) and results in spectacular views of 2 waterfalls. It is also perfect for hot days. You can be brave, cross a river on some rocks and logs, and get close to the falls - close enough to swim at the base.

*My new project is to take pictures of me checking my blood when I am doing it in strange places. Here I am checking my blood glucose at Twin Falls, on a rock, in the middle of a river.



3. Where did August go? This isn't a thankful, merely a question. I can't believe the month is almost half way over.

4. 80 days until we (hopefully) move into our house! We have weekly pictures of the progress, but Ry keeps saying he wants to do an update on here so I am saving those pictures for him.

5. I'm still alive. Despite life's best attempts to take me out, I'm still here. No, I'm not really close to dying (unless I get hit by a bus or something) - but sometimes it feels like life is trying to drain me of everything I have left. (Maybe that's just the Benadryl though.) Anyways, I'm just thankful I'm alive.

xoxo,
Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment