6.22.2010

Summer's busting out all over.

Summer time is here. At least in theory. It is the 2nd day of summer and we did get sun.... so I'm pleased.

Pleased enough to make salmon, broccoli, garlic, and shallot pizza, chop a small watermelon and pour wine at a table next to the irises in the backyard. I guess that counts as summer.




And, of course.... the gardens and flowers. To my amazement, they are growing with fervor. Enough so that I have cut some fresh flowers for my desk and the kitchen counter and eaten lettuce, spinach, thyme, basil, oregano, dill, sage, and strawberries from the gardens. I am still thrilled at being able to grow my own things.




I got my first real pink face and my freckles are starting to darken.... must mean it's summer time. I'm thankful for that.

xo, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment